What We Grow
All of our produce is USDA certified organic by NOFA - N.Y. Certified Organic LLC. All Non-GMO seeds, untreated seeds. We can't control the weather conditions and other factors. There is usually some crop loss or shortage.
However, since we grow such a wide variety of vegetables, there are always bumper
crops as well.
Asparagus, Carrots (orange, red, yellow, rainbow, round), Celery, Fennel, Leeks, Radicchio, and Sweet Potato
• Beans: Green, Yellow, Purple, Romano, Lima, French Filet, Cranberry, Soy and Black
Eye Peas. (crowder bean)
• Beets: Red, Golden and Chiogaia
• Berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Gooseberries, and Blueberries
• Cole Crops: Broccoli (Green and Red); Brussel Sprouts; Red, Green and Savory
Cabbage, Cauliflower (Normal and Romanesco)
• Cucumbers: Kirby, Oriental, Burpless, Lemon and Regular
• Eggplant: Large Black, White, Rosa Bianca, Italian Black and White, Asian Purple, and Green Long
• Flowers: Normal and Mixed bunches
• Garlic: Our own strain - Hard Stem White
• Greens: Tatsoi, Red and Green Mustards, Red and Green Swiss Chard, Broccoli Rabe, Collard Greens, Red and Green Pac Choi, Red and Green Mizana, and Hontsai Tai
• Kales: Lacinato (Dinosaur), Red Lacinato, Red and Green Curly, Red and White Russion, and Siberian.
• Herbs: Parsley (2 types), Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Savory (2 types), French Tarragon, Epazote, Cilantro, Dill, Mint, Chervil, Upland Cress, Sorrel, Bronze Fennel, Chives, (2 types) and Shiso (2 types)
• Kohlrabi: Purple and Green
• Lettuces: Red and Green Salad Bowl, Red and Green Leaf, Red and Green Romaine, Red and Green Boston, Frisee, Deer Tongue, Dandelian, and Escarole
• Melons: Cantaloupes and Watermelons
• Onions: Red and White Scallions, White and Red Spring Onions
• Peas: English Shell, Chinese Snow Peas and American Snap Peas
• Peppers: Yellow, Gold, Orange, Purple, Red, Green and Chocolate (As well as a variety
of hot and semi-hot)
• Plants: Herb, flower and vegetable plants for your garden
• Summer Squash: Green and Gold Zuchini,White and Gold Pattypans, yellow summer, Mid-Eastern, Costata, and Romanesco
• Tomatoes: Red, Yellow and Purple (Also, Heirloom and 5 types of Miniatures)
• Turnips: Purple Top, White, Japanese Red, Golden Globe, and Rutabagas.
• Winter Squash: Acorn, Butternut, and Nepali Pharsi
• Winter Roots: Jerusalem Artichokes, Parsnips, Salsify and Celery Root
The Green Thumb
Halsey Family's Organic Farm